Old Poquonock Burying Ground

Located on Marshall Phelps Road, this burying ground contains many of the graves of the first settlers of Poquonock, Members of the Brown, Barber, Griswold, Holcomb, Phelps, Marshall, and Winchell families can be found here as well as Revolutionary War soldiers and deacons of the First Church in Poquonock. This burial ground was in use from about the middle of the 18th century through the early 19th century. There was only one burial after 1805. The Town of Windsor took over its care from the Second School Society in the 1930s. © Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Freight House, ca. 1870
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Huntington House, 1902
John E. Luddy House, 1921
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Keney Park
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Mason Building, 1908
Mills House
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Pierson House, 1807
Plaza Building, 1929
Poquonock Bridge
Poquonock Fire Company
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Stanadyne
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
Tunxis Theater, 1922
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Wilson Fire House
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
John Fitch High School
Roger Ludlow School
Stony Hill School
Washington Park

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT