Rev. William Russell House, 1755

Builder Timothy Loomis constructed the house at 101 Palisado Avenue between 1753 and 1755 for the Reverend William Russell as his private residence. At that time Russell was the minister of First Church, located elsewhere in Windsor. The house passed to Russell’s heirs. In 1953 it was purchased by First Church and served as a parsonage for three of their ministers. Still owned by First Church in Windsor, it is used for church functions and is currently undergoing restoration work. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.

Learn More



Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Pierson House, 1807
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Freight House, ca. 1870
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Mason Building, 1908
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Huntington House, 1902
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Plaza Building, 1929
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Keney Park
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT