Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914

The Abigail Wolcott Ellsworth Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution sponsored the creation of this plaque in 1914 to honor Roger Ludlow. Roger Ludlow (1590-1664) was a founder of Windsor, Fairfield, and Norwalk and was a leading member of the Connecticut Colony. He later returned to Europe and died in Ireland. The plaque was originally installed in the Roger Ludlow School (now St. Gabriel School) on Bloomfield Avenue, but it was moved to the Town Hall in July 1967. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Loomis Fountain, 1903
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Huntington House, 1902
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Plaza Building, 1929
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Mason Building, 1908
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Freight House, ca. 1870
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT