Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870

The railroad line from Hartford to Springfield through Windsor was opened in 1844. Windsor was now 12 minutes from Hartford and was directly connected to New York City and Boston. The Windsor station building on Central Street was built in 1869-70 on land purchased from Ellsworth Phelps. The tiled mansard roof, dormers, and carved cornices were typical of mid-nineteenth century railroad architecture. The station was extensively renovated in the 1980s. Today, it is occupied by the Windsor Art Center. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies
5 votes

Submit a Selfie

Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Freight House, ca. 1870
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Mason Building, 1908
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Huntington House, 1902
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Plaza Building, 1929
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT