Bart's Restaurant, 1946

Bart's Drive-In has been a local landmark beside the Farmington River since 1946. Founded by Bart Dillon, Sr. and William Hastings, the simple cinder block takeout stand stood close to Palisado Avenue. Today's brick-faced building with the lighter colored BART'S lettering was erected in 1962. With a commitment to "good food, good service, and good people," three generations of the Dillon family operated the restaurant for a total of 55 years. In 2005 a trio of local businessmen took over. Weekly cruise nights and other family friendly events in the parking lot continue to foster community camaraderie. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Freight House, ca. 1870
Mason Building, 1908
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Huntington House, 1902
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Plaza Building, 1929
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Keney Park
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT