Windsor Federal Building, 1956

Windsor Federal Savings and Loan Association formally opened their new headquarters at Broad and Maple Streets on November 17, 1956. The building, designed by David G. Barker, has a steel-frame construction with a brick and split-faced granite facade. The large plate glass windows enticed walk-in customers while the new drive-up teller window provided easy access for Windsor's car-reliant patrons. Everett Hayden's Victorian home had stood on the site until 1945 when it was razed to make way for a commercial property. The new construction fell through, but Windsor Federal eventually acquired the vacant land and opened a public parking lot on the property in 1952 while planning for the new bank building was underway. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.
Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions Freedom Trail
All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Plaza Building, 1929
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
John E. Luddy House, 1921
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Mason Building, 1908
Huntington House, 1902
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Freight House, ca. 1870
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Wilson Fire House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Riverside Cemetery
Stony Hill School
Joseph Rainey House
William Best House
Archer Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church
Drastic Park Dinosaur Sculptures
Windsor Historical Society

Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Freedom Trail Sites
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Shad Selfies
©2024 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT