Huntington House, 1902

In 1901, Henry and Mary Huntington purchased this land to build their home at 289 Broad Street. A mixture of classical columns and asymmetrical porches and balconies, the new house had a unique style that distinguished it from its Victorian and Colonial neighbors. The Huntingtons' attention to detail continued inside where the decor included the finest wallpapers, built-in cabinetry, and stained-glass windows available at the time. After Mary?s death in 1968, the home passed to her son, Clark, who lived there until his death in 1998. The Huntington House Museum exhibited art in the house between 2001 and 2005, and the J. Morrissey Company converted it into offices in 2006. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.
Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions Freedom Trail
All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Huntington House, 1902
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Plaza Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Mason Building, 1908
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Freight House, ca. 1870
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Wilson Fire House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Riverside Cemetery
Stony Hill School
Joseph Rainey House
William Best House
Archer Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church
Drastic Park Dinosaur Sculptures
Windsor Historical Society

Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Freedom Trail Sites
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Shad Selfies
©2024 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT