Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery

Poquonock's second meeting house was originally built on this site in 1798, just two years before Elm Grove Cemetery opened in 1800. That building was torn down in 1872. The Universalist Society, which had been using the meeting house for their services, joined the Second School Society, the administrators of Elm Grove Cemetery, and the Spiritual Harmonial Society in building a mortuary chapel. It was dedicated in 1894 and is still administered by the Second School Society. © Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Poquonock Fire Company
Keney Park
Wilson Fire House
The Elijah Barber House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
Stanadyne
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Plaza Building, 1929
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Loomis Fountain, 1903
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Huntington House, 1902
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Mason Building, 1908
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Freight House, ca. 1870
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Pierson House, 1807
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Washington Park
Stony Hill School
John Fitch High School
Roger Ludlow School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT