Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850

This duplex-styled building appears on the 1869 map of Windsor as one of the properties owned by H. Sidney Hayden. Apparently it has always been used for a combination of residential and commercial purposes, but the wing-like extensions to the rear were added at a later date. Elisha E. Thompson operated the Thompson Equipment Co. here for nearly forty years. He sold refrigeration and air conditioning equipment, household appliances, and televisions. The Selig family acquired the property in the 1970s. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Mason Building, 1908
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Freight House, ca. 1870
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Huntington House, 1902
Plaza Building, 1929
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT