John E. Luddy House, 1921

John E. Luddy built this home along the east side of the Windsor Green in 1921. He was the manager of the Connecticut Leaf Tobacco Association and also the founder of the Windsor Company, a textile distribution firm. He passed away in 1964 and in his will gave the Town of Windsor the first right to purchase his home, which they did. A coffee house rented the space and for a time the Youth Services Bureau had its headquarters in the building. The Town of Windsor still owns the structure and has been leasing it to the Windsor Chamber of Commerce since 1999. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.

Learn More



Selfies
22 votes
7 votes
6 votes
3 votes

Submit a Selfie

Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Huntington House, 1902
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Mason Building, 1908
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Plaza Building, 1929
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Tunxis Theater, 1922
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Freight House, ca. 1870
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT