Mason Building, 1908

W.H.H. Mason built this building in 1908 with two storefronts on the ground floor and four apartments upstairs. Mason operated his drug store out of one store and Nicholas Triano moved his barbershop from Central Street to the new Mason building. After Mason's death in 1921, Ed Prouty took over the store and ran his pharmacy there. It has also served host to a long line of restaurants including among others the Cozy Corner, Anthony's on the Green, the Whistle Stop Cafe, and Dorothy and Leroy's. The Windsor Historical Society has historic photos and records from many of these businesses. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.

Learn More



Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Mason Building, 1908
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Freight House, ca. 1870
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Huntington House, 1902
Plaza Building, 1929
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT