Mullaley Building, ca. 1875

In 1887 Michael D. Murphy advertised the goods he sold in his First Class Country Store by listing groceries and provisions, feed, lamps, crockery, glassware, ladies? and gent's furnishings, boots and shoes, wall paper, hardware, and paint. Murphy was succeeded by several other Irish-American businessmen who operated grocery and general merchandise stores on the premises. These included Lawrence Mullaley, Jr., John Gilligan, and John and James Garvan in the early 20th century followed by Albert Lennox, Oscar Wilhelm, and James J. Dillon, Sr. and Jr. who ran Dillon?s Market until 1976. The building continues to serve commercial purposes. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Keney Park
Mills House
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Poquonock Fire Company
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Stanadyne
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Wilson Fire House
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Mason Building, 1908
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Tunxis Theater, 1922
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Plaza Building, 1929
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Freight House, ca. 1870
Huntington House, 1902
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Pierson House, 1807

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT