Murphy Building, ca. 1875

This commercial building at 216 Broad Street, like its neighbor at 192 Broad, has been the home of numerous locally owned businesses. Both buildings were built about 1875 with Italianate-styled decorative elements at the roofline and with space for stores on the ground floor and offices above. In the first quarter of the 20th century George F. Wilbraham had a plumbing and heating business and Robert Barnes ran a drug store. In 1955 William Arcari opened the Old Town Restaurant. He served "the finest in Italian-American cuisine" for over thirty years. Since he retired, other restaurants have occupied the space so centrally located in the block. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Mason Building, 1908
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Plaza Building, 1929
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Huntington House, 1902
Freight House, ca. 1870
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT