Pierson House, 1807

Although it is known as the Pierson House, Martin Ellsworth built this home in 1807. He was the son of Windsor's Oliver Ellsworth and he ran a store from here until 1818. He then sold it to Dr. William S. Pierson (1787-1860) who was a farmer, like most Windsor residents, and also ran a medical practice. The Windsor Historical Society owns account books and medical instruments that once belonged to Dr. Pierson. The structure suffered significant damage in a fire in 1923 but was restored as a private residence. First Church in Windsor purchased the home in 1954 and maintains apartments and meeting spaces in the building. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Pierson House, 1807
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Freight House, ca. 1870
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Mason Building, 1908
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Huntington House, 1902
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Plaza Building, 1929
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Keney Park
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT