St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society

This building was originally known as Liberal Hall, operated by the Spiritual Harmonial Society. This group was organized by Cyrus Howe, father of Flavia Howe Thrall, well-known in the history of Poquonock for her clairvoyance and healing powers. Many Lithuanians were drawn to Poquonock by employment opportunities in the mills. In 1910 St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society was founded with 108 members. They purchased Liberal Hall for $475 and held their first meeting there in 1940. It is still operating with a membership of about 200 (about 50 members being of Lithuanian descent). © Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Poquonock Fire Company
Wilson Fire House
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Pierson House, 1807
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Mason Building, 1908
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Plaza Building, 1929
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Freight House, ca. 1870
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Huntington House, 1902
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Stanadyne
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Roger Ludlow School
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT