The Elijah Barber House

This house was built about 1790 by Elijah Barber, father of historian John Warner Barber, who was born there in 1798. John was a prolific writer of historical works who traveled all over the state making pencil sketches in each town. The Wilson family purchased the house in 1812 and occupied it for over 100 years. They were the founders of the Wilson Brick Yards, which continued in the family until 1906. Leland P. Wilson was very active in Windsor's civic affairs. He was instrumental in getting water mains to Windsor and making Windsor a part of the Metropolitan Water District in 1929. He organized the Wilson Fire District, and served more than 20 years on the Windsor Board of Finance. © Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
The Elijah Barber House
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
Keney Park
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Mills House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Plaza Building, 1929
Huntington House, 1902
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Wilson Fire House
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Mason Building, 1908
Freight House, ca. 1870
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Stony Hill School
Washington Park
John Fitch High School
Roger Ludlow School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT