U.S. Post Office, 1963

The current post office building is the sixth location used to provide postal services to the Windsor community. The red brick, colonial style structure was built on the site of two stately houses facing Broad Street Green, the former homes of Horace White and Dr. Aaron Pratt. The houses were taken down, but the developer was instructed to leave as many trees as possible. The new facility was dedicated on October 6, 1963 with formal ceremonies sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and a lively fife and drum concert. The New Deal-era wooden sculptures by Nena De Brennecke are on view in the lobby above the postal boxes. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
John E. Luddy House, 1921
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Mason Building, 1908
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Freight House, ca. 1870
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Huntington House, 1902
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Plaza Building, 1929
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT