Warham Mill Marker, 1933

Windsor’s Abigail Wolcott Ellsworth Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution sponsored and erected markers for several historic sites as their contribution to the town’s Tercentenary (300th Anniversary) celebration. Markers at three Windsor locations were unveiled and dedicated on June 20, 1933. The original two-sided plaques for Warham’s Mill and the Bissell Ferry on Palisado Avenue remain as they were erected in 1933 with a white background and an oval medallion at the top. The medallion is a representation of the seal of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The third marker at the Old Stone Fort (Stoughton House) on Palisado Avenue is a replacement. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Historic Sites Points of Interest
Restaurants and Food Shopping
Attractions All Points
Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Mason Building, 1908
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Plaza Building, 1929
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Tunxis Theater, 1922
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Freight House, ca. 1870
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Huntington House, 1902
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Pierson House, 1807
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Wilson Fire House
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Keney Park
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
John Fitch High School
Roger Ludlow School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT