Wilson Fire House

The Wilson Fire District was founded in 1908 along with funds to buy a thirty-foot extension ladder, one dozen ten-quart pails, one fire ax, and 150 feet of rope. The equipment was housed in a utility shed at the Wilson Brick Yard, whose kiln was responsible for half of all fires in town. The old alarm system involved ringing the bell in the Congregational Church or someone running down the street yelling "fire". In 1926, property for this fire station was purchased from the Christensen & Rand farms, and the building, designed in an English Tudor style, was dedicated in 1930. © Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Wilson Fire House
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Plaza Building, 1929
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mason Building, 1908
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
John E. Luddy House, 1921
Huntington House, 1902
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Freight House, ca. 1870
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Pierson House, 1807
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Stanadyne
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Keney Park
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Washington Park
John Fitch High School
Roger Ludlow School
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT