Windsor Trust Building, 1929

By 1928, the Windsor Trust Company, established in 1914, had outgrown its headquarters and purchased the ca. 1800 Horace Filley house at this site. The company razed the house but saved the bricks and reused them in this "modern" Colonial building that opened to the public on September 12, 1929. The bank?s new home was built with fireproof construction, space for 2,000 safe deposit boxes, and updated burglary protections. The vaulted ceilings of the main section provide two lunettes on the north and south end in which C. D. Graves painted murals depicting Windsor's history. The building has continued to serve as a bank, and in 2000 Windsor Federal Savings purchased the structure. Copyright 2015 Windsor Historical Society.


Selfies

Submit a Selfie

Old Poquonock Burying Ground
Poquonock Bridge
Windsor Trust Building, 1929
Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, 1941
Windsor Federal Building, 1956
Plaza Building, 1929
Loomis Fountain, 1903
Mack Brick Plaque, 1830
Roger Ludlow Plaque, 1914
Windsor Town Hall, 1965-1967
Old Post Office Building, ca. 1885
John E. Luddy House, 1921
World War I Memorial, 1920 & 1957
Murphy Building, ca. 1875
Huntington House, 1902
Tobacco Reliefs, 1943
U.S. Post Office, 1963
To the Patriots of Windsor, 1929
Col. James Loomis House, 1822
Mullaley Building, ca. 1875
Rev. Reuel Hotchkiss Tuttle House, 1865
Col. Oliver Mather House at the Windsor Public Library, 1777
Grace Episcopal Church, 1865
World War II Memorial, ca. 1950
Mason Building, 1908
Hayden-Thompson Building, ca. 1850
Tunxis Theater, 1922
Washington Lodge #70, 1902
Windsor Train Station, 1869-1870
Freight House, ca. 1870
Union Street Fire Station, 1927
St. Gabriel Church, 1916
Amy Archer-Gilligan House, ca. 1880
Windsor Grist and Saw Mill, ca 1862
Bart's Restaurant, 1946
Warham Mill Marker, 1933
Farmington River Railroad Bridge, 1867
Palisado Cemetery, 1633
First Church in Windsor Meetinghouse, 1794
Strong-Howard House, 1757-1830
Rev. William Russell House, 1755
John Mason Statue, 1889 & 1996
Horace Hayden Memorial, 1910
Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee House, ca. 1767
Founders of Windsor Monument, 1930
Pierson House, 1807
Wilson Fire House
Deerfield World War II Honor Roll
Windsor/Deerfield Garden Apartments
Mills House
Capt. Thomas Allyn House
Stanadyne
Samuel and Elijah Mills House
Taylor and Fenn
The Elijah Barber House
Keney Park
Poquonock Fire Company
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Society
Elm Grove Chapel, 1894 and Cemetery
Roger Ludlow School
John Fitch High School
Washington Park
Stony Hill School

Selfies
Historic Sites
Points of Interest
Restaurants - Food
Shopping
Attractions
About
Contact Us
Did You Know?
Search
©2017 Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Historical Society and First Town Downtown of Windsor, Connecticut
| Designed by HostingCT